One of the most crucial aspects of site’s SEO performance is “Website Structure”. Only few webmasters and owners can understand the importance having a site structure that enhances Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Digital Dach explains you the relevancy of site structure and the steps to develop your own SEO friendly website structure. A logical site structure is always useful for users as it helps them to find things more conveniently. Your website will be more appealing to search engines if it is more appealing to users.
With respect to Google’s algorithm, the ranking of your website CTR and stay time of users. Your web pages will not perform well in the SERPs if your website has poor CTRs and low stay time. A site with great structure can reduce the bounce rate and increase the stay time of users. This will further result into improved rankings.
You will be able to view your site with sitelinks only with a good site structure. There is always a huge SEO advantage if you have structured the website properly. Sitelinks increase your brand’s reputation, improve user trust, increase CTR, increase navigability of your website, help you dominate SERPs and point users to most relevant information. Sitelinks are awesome, websites are awarded with sitelinks automatically by Google’s algorithm and that too on the basis of great site structure. It is obvious that you will never receive sitelinks if you have a poor site structure. Your website should have sitelinks for increased conversions, higher CTR and more targeted traffic.
It will be easy for the crawlers like Googlebot to access and index the content if you have a better site structure. Having strong SEO foundation with enhancement in organic search is possible only if your brand implements a site structure. The steps that can help you to create a site structure:
1. Planning out a Hierarchy: Always plan out your structure before you start creating web pages. Organizing your information that is simple and makes sense is termed as “Hierarchy”. Everything important begins with your hierarchy and this further results in navigation as well as URL structure. The process should not be overcomplicated but simple and this will be easy for crawlers and users. There should be low number of main categories while planning out a hierarchy. Try to balance the amount of subcategories within each category.
2. URL Structure Creation: Your URL structure is an important element in developing strong website structure. Your hierarchy is followed by your URL structure. Consider using real words and keyword coverage in each URL.
3. Site Navigation: Keep the code simple whenever you create your navigation. Use HTML and CSS the most and this will increase the ability of crawler to cover hierarchy of your website.
4. Header Creation: Your main web pages should be listed in header. Strongest form of SEO is the text links with appropriate anchors. Be sure that footer should include main links of your top navigational menu.
5. Comprehensive Internal Linking: This will allow users to navigate a website, help establish information hierarchy and spread link juice around websites.
Improve your structural SEO by reorganizing some navigational elements and reworking on the design. Website structure is one of the most important optimization methods and SEO will follow if you have a great site structure.